Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein



LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
I have two dogs, both loved very dearly. So when a story told from the point of view of a dog is told well, I am automatically inclined to love it. I think if you are not aware of a dog's behavior or have never been around them much, you might not enjoy this story as I did. That being said, Garth Stein affectively, in my mind, captured the dog's brain. A great friend who you can count on for anything. I loved the unique names in this book, too. Enzo, Eve, Zöe. The characters are great and I loved getting to know them. The antagonist was particularly cruel and made the book tons more interesting than if it played a minor role.

The only draw back was the pace. It had beautiful language and great description throughout the whole book but the first half was hard to get through. It did its job though, setting up the crisisses, so no stars were taken away.

In all, this was an awesome book that will always hold a place on my bookshelf of favorites. I recommend readers at least be in high school when they read this, as, if it were a movie, it would be rated R. 5/5 Stars

EVERYONE GO! READ IT NOW!

-Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment